Nate's Address

Elder Nathan Willard Naegle
Colombia Bogota North Mission
Calle 72 # 10-07 Oficina 1001
Edificio Seguros Colmena
Bogota Distrito Capital
Colombia

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Email December 26, 2010

Well I just realized I had not put Nate's last letter on the blog. He is coming home today and will speak on Sunday so I decided I had better hurry and get it on there. I had asked him for my Christmas present if he would reflect back on his mission and some of the things he learned for our last letter. It is not what I had envisioned but it was fun to read for me. Thanks to all who have read his blog and supported him!!
Love,
Marsha

Well i better and get some juices flowing for a good letter.

Well i guess we had better start from the Beginning......

MTC was great, i loved it looking back on the whole deal. i learned a lot about the savior and his Infinite Atonement, learning patience with a companion 24 hours a day and 7 days a week....gained some weight, didn't think i had, but when you see pictures oh boy...also made some great friends that i hope to see soon. MTC was a great time, i wish a missionary started and ended there...but i don't..

April 7th, well headed out of the airport and wasn't sure what i had gotten myself into. Getting lost in customs, getting sick and passing out getting my blood drawn, meeting latin missionaries and not understanding a darn thing. Heading out to Sogomoso, waiting in the terminal cause i didn't know where i was, what i should do, feeling like angels found me when i saw 3 white shirts and ties! (thanks a lot williams for leavin me hangin outside).

Sogomoso. Maybe one of the best times of my mission. I loved it there, learned a ton. had one of my best companions Pelero, who is getting married i heard, but had some of the best people i have ever met. Love the Sogomoso people. FLia Cuellar, Jessica, Alfonso Joel Guitierz Celis, and all the others i love them all.

Came here to Bogota, Didn't have the same success as i did in my first area, but i learned a lot about myself, and being able to deal with others and just really getting to know myself.. Also met more families that i love and hate to leave behind.

Cucuta First gringo, for a long time, learned a lot about being a leader and just trying to and trying to soak in the heat and enjoy it. also learned to love more people it was hard to leave there

But was headed back to Duitama to see all the sogomoso people and met the best stake president here. I love the people from Boyaca, it was hard to leave there too. but you know you soak up their culture, and take it with you in your heart. I love Colombia. and then back to here to Bogota

Bogota, a place i hate but yet i love it. I love the people here it is so great, Just the people you learn to love and don't want o leave, but well don't really have a choice.

I have loved to be here. This hasn't been the best 2 years of my life, but the best 2 years for my life. I have had some great experiences, and some sad ones, but one thing is for sure, I would do it over again. I would do anything for these people. I love them. I love you all thanks for all your love and support.

I testify that this is the Church of Christ. I know the book of mormon is true. Joseph Smith is a true Prophet. I KNOW AND IT IS FOR SURE!

Love you all

have a great week hope its ok mom

Love Elder Naegle


No comments: