Nate's Address

Elder Nathan Willard Naegle
Colombia Bogota North Mission
Calle 72 # 10-07 Oficina 1001
Edificio Seguros Colmena
Bogota Distrito Capital
Colombia

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

E-mail June 22, 2009





Well this week has been a little crazy. We had transfers this past week on Tuesday and Wednesday so I got a new companion. His name is Elder Pelero, from Argentina. He is a freaking clown and I love him to death. He is just a funny funny kid. So we have 2 Gringos and 2 Argentines in the house. Williams and Jimenez didn’t get changed. So we have just been having a blast. Also, this week we had 3 baptisms on Thursday, it was great cause they are all so good. Ines, Norma, and Oscar Jimenez. Ines and Norma are sisters that live next to the church and their dad doesn’t like the church at all so it was all done in secret because he works in Bogota but was home for fathers day and the rest of the month. I felt kind of bad about it but they are both over age so we don’t need permission and they have testimonies that it is the correct decision. Oscar Jimenez is the same as before his wife is a member and he just had never talked to missionaries. Heavens he knows more then most the members, I asked him what he knew about tithing, and well that was the lesson cause he explained it all and had no doubts about it. So it was great to see him get baptized. I got to do all three and there were no mess ups. Which to me felt good cause I feel like the Spanish is getting better. So yeah. Then later in the week to try and help Ines and Norma´s father have a better impression of the church we did service there and moved a big mound of dirt with a pick and shovel and wheel barrow. Man it felt good to do some hard manual labor, but my hands have become soft, so I have 2 huge blisters, one on each hand. I never used to get them at the house, dad I have grown soft. Also with my new companion we will have Maté every day in the house which elder Williams is quite excited for. We were supposed to be going to Bogota tomorrow, but of course change of plans. I was a little disappointed, because I have officially picked a soccer team to follow, Santa Fe, and they are in Bogota and I was going to buy a jersey, but not any more. We also were going to see all the other missionaries because it was for the new mission president, but now were not going so we were all a little sad. Elder Williams especially because he was going to buy his own Maté cup and everything. He is addicted to the stuff. Nothing much else is new except our area is kinda dying, we have had trouble finding new people to teach that have a real desire. So hopefully with our prayers it will pick up. I have tons of advice for when Preston goes. Like cuffs in the pants, yeah he wont be doing that. But I am happy here with what I am doing. I also wrote Biss a letter today telling him how proud and excited I am for him. He is going to have a sweet time in Hawaii. I am just trying to think of what else has gone on this week. Companion, baptisms and that is about it. Thanks for all the love and support that you give me mom, it is greatly appreciated. Tell friends and family hello! Love you all thanks for the prayers, love and support. Love Nate

No comments: