Nate's Address

Elder Nathan Willard Naegle
Colombia Bogota North Mission
Calle 72 # 10-07 Oficina 1001
Edificio Seguros Colmena
Bogota Distrito Capital
Colombia

Monday, April 13, 2009

MISSIONS ARE TIGHT!!





Well I have been doing great the first few days here, I hope you opened the other email first, if not or it didn’t work I was in all white so you know what that means. I GOT TO BAPTIZE 2 PEOPLE it was so so sweet. But my new companion is Elder Torres from Ecuador, he Is great and I love being with him. He doesn’t speak any English but swear words and a little here and there so we are teaching each other. But ok First when I got to Colombia I slept with 3 other elders from my district and we got here late at night andit was just crazy being in a new country. But they next day we went to get like an ID card and such and we had to get our blood drawn and I was fine during but after like 5 minutes I started getting sick and BOOM I passed out, it was the craziest feeling ever. But I don’t know why cause I have had my blood drawn before. So don’t know why. It was crazy then I was sick for the rest of the day because of it so I had an interview with President and went back to the house with 2 elders and just relaxed until they had a dinner appt. and I ate some corn soup that wasn’t bad. So the next morning I got sent to my area and a bus ride with 4 other elders until I got to a place called TUNJA and got off and 2 other elders picked me up and walked 5 minutes and they put me on another bus alone to a place called Sogomoso. It was nuts but it was kinda cool cause I got to see a lot of country and see how fortunate we are at home. I never have realized what I took for granted. But when I got to Sogomoso I was lost for like 10 minutes before some guy said hey your companions are inside the station. So I finally found them. There are 4 of us living in a house and they just moved into it about 2 weeks ago. So it is pretty nice I guess. But it is me, Elder Torres, Elder Jimenez, and elder Williams from Las Vegas. I was pretty happy to have him here because he has been here a month and can understand Spanish and I cant so it has been way good and he is exactly like me. So I am sure you will meet him one day cause he loves to be on the lake.  but anyway I got to the house and took my jacket off and out the door we went to an appt. he wasn’t there but the neighbor next door was home and we taught her and her 2 sons lesson one. I was astounded I hadn’t been here 20 minutes and we were teaching. But it was good. Spanish is hard to understand but I pick more and more up every day. It is tight. But later that night we went and taugh Jose who I didn’t know but had a baptism Saturday and we taught him the WOW and Law of Chastity. Then we went to the Familia de Perez who also had baptism dates for Saturday. But I didn’t know cause I don’t understand much. But then it was a run home because we needed to be back on time.
Anyway we taught more and I have eaten some pretty sick food. It is not as good as everybody says but I am getting more used to it and being able to choke it down. Haha but yeah I got to baptize on Saturday and It was amazing. I baptized the mom and the youngest girl. I didn’t mess up either I just needed help with the names cause they have the name of both their mother and father and we have only our fathers last name. so it was tough but I did it. It was sweet.
Church here is sweet. My area is Bosque 1 and we share the Branch with the other elders and they need 2 more priesthood holders to become a ward so that is our goal. Church here is insane being fast Sunday yesterday tons of people bear their testimonies including me and everybody likes talking to me cause I don’t understand. The people here are so so nice if you talk to them. On the street they are rude.
Water is fine here for the most time cause I have been drinking it and haven’t gotten sick yet. But I still use my bottle I bought.
Thanks for all the prayers. P-day is Monday and so yeah look for letters that day.
Hope Hawaii was good. I am doing great it is was fun, hard, stressful and everything a mission is. We are trying for 30 contacts a day. I hope I answered all your questions. Love you all. I have come to appreciate where I am from sooooooooooooooooooooo much more you have no idea. They don’t have garbage cans here so its just a dump everywhere. Animals in the streets people drive like crazy. Stuff is way cheap I will get some cool stuff for you all. Tell the ward hi. Grandma and grandpa Naegle hi, nobody can pronounce my name it is funny. They all stare at me with my hair. But yeah pretty much it working hard. Tell grandpa and Marie hi. But yeah I am doing great.
Love you all thanks for the prayers sorry if I left something out but we will have eternity to talk about it. We taught the Perez family about temples and being sealed for eternity and they want to go way bad so in May hopefully. They have to talk to President Sanchez, the Branch President, he is way cool and nice. But yeah thank hope all is well. Love nate

No comments: