Nate's Address

Elder Nathan Willard Naegle
Colombia Bogota North Mission
Calle 72 # 10-07 Oficina 1001
Edificio Seguros Colmena
Bogota Distrito Capital
Colombia

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Email July 12, 2010

Well another week gone

This past week, lets see, i updated a lot on Tuesday and Wed. so i don't have much, and either way i don't have much time. i have to do 4 interviews tonight.

But i am doing pretty good. Except the fact i have about 5 or 6 nice beautiful big Cankers in my mouth. So i am struggling to eat a little bit, but i am getting by. Haven't had a chance to eat the nice treats you sent me.

Thursday, we had a nice day here, didn't end up doing a whole lot, i couldn't talk with my mouth so bad, so we just made the most important appointments and went that night. I was dying.

Friday, we went to our little town called Santa Rosa. Taught the people there that we have, got my hair cut, cause we have a member that is in like Rehab and he wants his wife to listen and she cuts hair, and that was the only way to get her to listen. So it was worth the 3 mil pesos ($1.50) i paid for her to cut it, i also got what i paid for, she didn't do a very good job so i trimmed it up when i got home. but looks pretty good now. and one of our investigators there, Jenny i thought was progressing pretty well, but had like a melt down on the bus coming back to Duitama with stupid doubts mainly about Jehovah and who he is. There is a Jehovah church in Santa Rosa. and i tried to softly explain to her, but she flipped so i ended up cutting her head off with faith cause she wants us to prove the gospel is true. so i had a book of mormon in my hand and told her to move it with her faith. well she couldn't, then my comp just moved it with his hand the good ole faith works trick, OH BOY DID SHE FEEL STUPID!! wasn't my intention, but she asked for it, cause she wont just listen and pray and ask God. so i kinda let her have it. President tells us that a lot, we need to be patient, but there is a limit in that well we just need to kind of show them. so i guess we will see how that goes next week on saturday. when we head back.

Saturday. I don't know why, but i don't remember my Saturdays. We did service that kicked our butts!! i told dad, but i got out worked with a shovel by a 70 year old man that smokes like a house on fire. Couldn't believe it. but it was a good time. felt good to use my hands again. and then we all couldn't move so we had a little rest after. I ordered chinese food, well it is just rice here, for lunch. We went to the other ward, a members house, and they gave the 4 of us dinner. MUTE, oh how i hate mute. just a soup with like stomach, and the gross parts of the cow. I did it it all of course, slowly with my mouth but i don't have problems with food anymore. DOWN THE HATCH!! Yeah. that is about it. Also our baptisms got moved to sunday morning cause they couldn't do it the 3 of them for work.

Sunday morning, Early, 430 got my comp out of bed and in the shower, at 5 he got out. I got in and at 510 i was done. he is super slow. Went to fill the font, hot water doesn't work so hot here, it was lame. and so we had it all ready to go and then when they got there, Cruz Family, the mom told us she wasn't getting baptized. I just would have liked to known that a week ago. But what can you do. So we baptized the kids. Jovanny and Kattya. Don't have pictures cause i forgot my camera. but next week. and yeah. My comp did them both.
Then at lunch we ended up watching the final of the World Cup. Darn Holland. Couldn't pull it out. Should have but didn't, and my Beloved Germany took 3rd. i was upset they lost to Spain. oh well next time. then we went with a member and she took us to less actives and presented her friends and what not. it was a good sunday i guess. my body is aching from the shovel work out i got saturday.

Transfers. Well they changed my entire Zone. In every area in my Zone had 1 change.....but oh well that is the way it goes. I lost my best missionary too, he is headed to be a ZL in Cucuta. Good for him i guess. and yeah i got moved to the other ward in Duitama, cause we don't have time for our ward the the REF. it gives with the zone so president switched us. Elder Moreno is still my companion. I am happy i guess. He is a good kid. Gardiner, from LA, stayed but his Chilean comp got moved. Budini. i will miss him he is a good kid. And Gardiner is going to train. so i need to be even more juisioso should be good for us. and yeah.

Also, Paige and her friend brought the office elders a cake. they were all happy, an thanked me. and i should be getting my stuff tomorrow or Wed. so that is good. and yeah today we just kinda kicked it. Went and bought my Wool Poncho. it is LEGIT!!! good for an early morning ski at the lake to keep me warm after! once again don't have my camera. and yeah.

i know the church is true. It blesses families that keep the commandments. Salvation is personal but Exaltation is a family effort. Lets keep up the good work family. Love you all
love Elder Naegle
nathan

No comments: