Nate's Address

Elder Nathan Willard Naegle
Colombia Bogota North Mission
Calle 72 # 10-07 Oficina 1001
Edificio Seguros Colmena
Bogota Distrito Capital
Colombia

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Email April 5, 2010

Hi Family,

Well the bad news is I am super sick, with the runs, migrane and fever, what fun no? But what can you do. But well this past week was a hard one. It was semana santa, or Holy Week. Well nobody is home or works, they are just all out partying, and drinking. So we didn't have a very successful week in the whole missionary dept. But i still learned a lot and had General Conference to cheer me up at the end of the week. I would say we received a lot of good council this past weekend. It all seemed to be centered on strengthening the home, which to be honest made me a little home sick, but I am where I need to be, cause if you find a strong home here in colombia, well your a lucky man. So I guess I have the wonderful opportunity to try and help the people here build the strong homes that we need in order to return to our Heavenly Fathers presence. And yeah. I have really just learned the fact that I can't do it all, but I do have my part to do. So with Diligence, patience and love I need to finish up the work i have to do here in Cucuta, and who knows how long that will be. So I cleaned up the house today, and put away the Hammock, cause it is a distraction. I need to be even better than what I have been. So I am in that process right now. Cause I don't know about any of you, but i would dare say Pres. Monson in Priesthood cut some heads off for just about every subject in The Strength for youth. But well we all need to be better

Something funny i guess that happened to me was I wanted to watch conference in English, but the sound system doesn't allow them to turn of the speakers in certain rooms and leave it on it others, so i just said heck, popped open the ceiling tiles and unplugged the dang things, one of the counselors in the stake pres. about fainted ¨what did you do he asked, and i just told him to relax that is what I did before my mission installing speakers like that. so I ended up seeing the whole thing in english. It was actually quite nice cause they just locked me in a room and I got to watch it all ALONE!! Which was great, cause you need alone time here, and you don't ever get it, cause heck my bathroom doesn't even have a door on it. But it was nice, I felt like I had some questions answered and some good personal revelation come to me. So I felt it was a success.

Well don't have much else....cause we aren't teaching anyone that is for sure, truth be told, nobody. So it is just a long process. This whole zone leader thing is rough but we are moving along and things are getting better in the zone and the stake. so yeah. Family and friends, I testify that the gospel has been restored and that we have the great opportunity to live it here on earth. That when we truly live the gospel we will be happy. God lives, and his son rose on the third day. and through his mighty atonement and ressurection, we also will rise again. I love you all, thank you for the love and support. It means the world to me. Remember to count your blessings, we have been so blessed to live where we do. Hope you all have a great week.
with lots of love
elder nathan Naegle

No comments: